~Hello dear readers, I wasn`t feeling too well today, so to take my mind off of life, I decided to bake a black sesame cake 😀 Why? Well, cause I have too much sesame powder…. Riya came to join me in the middle of making it too! Here`s what you`ll need:
- 3.5 tbsp sesame powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/5 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly toast the sesame powder(or fry it lightly with a pan on the stove). Cool it.
- Stir the flour, baking powder, salt and sesame powder in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the softened butter, sugar, and egg.
- Add in the flour mixture alternating with milk. Mix till blended, then pour into baking tray. (I used the bread tray again– the one used for Tiramisu) Sprinkle some sesame seeds/powder on the top too!(optional)
- Bake for around 20 minutes. Remove, cool and serve! 😀
~I got this recipe from this website, but edited it cause I only had one tray and did not plan on making lots of cake, since Zoe, Nika and Alya are away. Rating it 7/10 cause I didn`t really like the taste– too un-sweet xD But it`s a good recipe in general. Did not take many photos as well, cause, as I mentioned, I wasn`t feeling too happy… Gonna watch The Godfather with Riya now– I`ll post how my Easter and Tamil New Year went soon 🙂 Thanks for reading and do take care! TTFN!
24/4/2014 – Thursday.